PS4 PS4 EXPERTS come, your help is much needed XD

CrazyGamer

Gamer
Jun 4, 2017
Hey guys, so i managed to get my hands on a new PS4 with 4.00. and i'm ready. but i need your advice first.
1.should i go with 4.05 or 4.55 and why?
2.I need a link to the best and safest tutorial with friendly step by step on how to jailbreak.
3.I need some fan-control app to help me keep my PS4 cool. i lost two PS3s to overheating before, but my current PS3 is 3 years old and never got any of the heating problems because i adjusted the speed of the fan through WebMan.
4.How to transfer large games to my PS4? can i use Filezilla on the PS4?
5.How to create Fake PKG, a friendly tut would be great.

Thanks in advanced, i really can use all the help i can get. i need to do it right!

CrazyGamer

Gamer
Jun 4, 2017
The forum's format is really confusing. how to edit this thread? where's the edit option?

Edit: found it! although we still need a delete button for the comments at least.

Cyb3r

RG Admin
RG Admin
Feb 21, 2015
@CrazyGamer Congrats for getting it!

1. That's up to you, but some people would prefer 4.05 over 4.55 because it was supported for longer time than 4.55 so you will pretty much find anything for it while there maybe some tools/games that doesn't currently work 4.55, although i'm on 4.55 but I didn't struggle finding anything for my FW.
2. www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JEeyT-zH64 This work for both for 4.05 and 4.55
3. There's none ATM.
4. You need USB/HDD with exFat format
5. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=create+fake+pkg+ps4

Reactions: CrazyGamer

Cain532

Happy Modding
RG Admin
Feb 23, 2015
USA
Hey guys, so i managed to get my hands on a new PS4 with 4.00. and i'm ready. but i need your advice first.
2.I need a link to the best and safest tutorial with friendly step by step on how to jailbreak.
3.I need some fan-control app to help me keep my PS4 cool. i lost two PS3s to overheating before, but my current PS3 is 3 years old and never got any of the heating problems because i adjusted the speed of the fan through WebMan.

Thanks in advanced, i really can use all the help i can get. i need to do it right!
I'm so excited to see more people jumping into PS4 modding!!! I have recently started in on it as well as @Cyb3r and @TylerMods and some others. I'm certain we can all make some pretty epic stuff in the near future! We even have a section on our Discord channel relating to PS4 modding.

I'll do some digging to see if I can find some good tutorials for you, I would recomend looking at either Mr. Mario or MODDED WARFARE on YouTube

TylerMods

Pro Gamer
Jul 10, 2015
www.hosava.com

1. Well you'd think 4.05 is better cause it's earlier right? Doesn't seem to be the case as most guys are chasing down 4.55s so... maybe cause they're easier to get?
2. I believe you just install the FW man. Google SCE.PARTY I believe they're located there. Then you just get your web host setup which @Cain532 or I can provide you with a good one :D.
3. We do not have a fan-control app yet as far as I know but we did crack something allowing us to create apps like multiMAN which is coming soon they say. So hopes up.
4. You just gotta use USB man. I think FTP is only for 1.76 for now. But USB may be faster than FTP so. Just get a 64gb USB and you should be good :D.
5. I am having a hard time finding tut myself. I do know.. you gotta back the game up from your PS4 but you gotta have it... on disk... But I think you can download the game from a site that has regular games and turn them into FPKGs. Sorry 2 of these answers aren't that helpful but it's what I know in my head lol.

Happy Modding ;)

CrazyGamer

Gamer
Jun 4, 2017
1. Well you'd think 4.05 is better cause it's earlier right? Doesn't seem to be the case as most guys are chasing down 4.55s so... maybe cause they're easier to get?
2. I believe you just install the FW man. Google SCE.PARTY I believe they're located there. Then you just get your web host setup which @Cain532 or I can provide you with a good one :D.
3. We do not have a fan-control app yet as far as I know but we did crack something allowing us to create apps like multiMAN which is coming soon they say. So hopes up.
4. You just gotta use USB man. I think FTP is only for 1.76 for now. But USB may be faster than FTP so. Just get a 64gb USB and you should be good :D.
5. I am having a hard time finding tut myself. I do know.. you gotta back the game up from your PS4 but you gotta have it... on disk... But I think you can download the game from a site that has regular games and turn them into FPKGs. Sorry 2 of these answers aren't that helpful but it's what I know in my head lol.

Happy Modding ;)
I need to know more about the hosting thingy. why and how it works and stuff XD

CrazyGamer

Gamer
Jun 4, 2017

1. That's up to you, but some people would prefer 4.05 over 4.55 because it was supported for longer time than 4.55 so you will pretty much find anything for it while there maybe some tools/games that doesn't currently work 4.55, although i'm on 4.55 but I didn't struggle finding anything for my FW.
3. There's none ATM.
Why exFat? i'm currently using HDD ntfs for my PS3 and i can copy big files and all. what's the file size limit for exFAT?

Cyb3r

RG Admin
RG Admin
Feb 21, 2015
Why exFat? i'm currently using HDD ntfs for my PS3 and i can copy big files and all. what's the file size limit for exFAT?
No size limit that's why you have to format it as exFat, you can use Fat32 but it's limited to 4GB per file.

CrazyGamer

Gamer
Jun 4, 2017
No size limit that's why you have to format it as exFat, you can use Fat32 but it's limited to 4GB per file.
I see;, so basically it's like ntfs with no size limit but recognizable by the PS4

Ok, so first i just hooked my PS4 for the first time and found it's actually on 4.07 so 4.05 is out of the question now.
all left is this one tiny little question triggered by our friend @TylerMods (it's actually the main reason why i waited till now ) my question is: what's with the hosting thingy? do i need someone to host something for me to be able to Jailbreak my console? i'm kinda confused a bit right now lol please reply, i can't wait any longer i need to do it now XD

CrazyGamer

Gamer
Jun 4, 2017

3. There's none ATM.
Ok so i used the video tut you gave me and followed every step, BUT when i click on the User's Guide i don't get the same page he's getting. i added the DNS he provided and all. but i'm getting the default user guide by SONY. ...what should i do now? ....is that what he meant by hosting?

Cyb3r

RG Admin
RG Admin
Feb 21, 2015
Ok so i used the video tut you gave me and followed every step, BUT when i click on the User's Guide i don't get the same page he's getting. i added the DNS he provided and all. but i'm getting the default user guide by SONY. ...what should i do now? ....is that what he meant by hosting?
You have to change you PS4 DNS to your PC IP if you are using the exploit host, or just use one of the sites used to store exploits.

CrazyGamer

Gamer
Jun 4, 2017
You have to change you PS4 DNS to your PC IP if you are using the exploit host, or just use one of the sites used to store exploits.
I did all that but got stuck......i found a way better (fast less talking ) guide and i'm now playing my first backup game XD

CrazyGamer

Gamer
Jun 4, 2017
I used this
and it took me few minutes to figure what's went wrong (from the unbelievably confusing first guide ...and man he talks A LOT! lol ) and all worked out :)

Cyb3r

RG Admin
RG Admin
Feb 21, 2015
I did all that but got stuck......i found a way better (fast less talking ) guide and i'm now playing my first backup game XD
haha congrats, I hate following YouTube tuts because they're filled with too much bullshit, I once watched someone talking about 10 minutes before getting into the point of the video. It's so frustrating when you find only one video tutorial X'D

CrazyGamer

Gamer
Jun 4, 2017
haha congrats, I hate following YouTube tuts because they're filled with too much bullshit, I once watched someone talking about 10 minutes before getting into the point of the video. It's so frustrating when you find only one video tutorial X'D
Question can we install game patches? (as PKGs )

Cyb3r

RG Admin
RG Admin
Feb 21, 2015
Question can we install game patches? (as PKGs )
Only for game discs meaning you cannot update downloaded games, also bear in mind that you have to see what FW the update requires for instance some updates requires higher firmware version which might force you to update your PS4 to unjailbreakable version. I would recommend not to try to update any game and just enjoy what you got. ;)

TylerMods

Pro Gamer
Jul 10, 2015
www.hosava.com
Most cheats out there will be for version 1 or 1.01 most the time anyway. But like.. The Last of Us I think is like 1.08. Typically whatever version has been broken into parts and uploaded to a few PS4 game sites.

CrazyGamer

Gamer
Jun 4, 2017
Most cheats out there will be for version 1 or 1.01 most the time anyway. But like.. The Last of Us I think is like 1.08. Typically whatever version has been broken into parts and uploaded to a few PS4 game sites.
Actually i'm playing FFXV and I HATE the tiny text, i don't usually care about updates or patches, but i need to get a bigger readable fonts. is there anyway to do that?

CrazyGamer

Gamer
Jun 4, 2017
Only for game discs meaning you cannot update downloaded games, also bear in mind that you have to see what FW the update requires for instance some updates requires higher firmware version which might force you to update your PS4 to unjailbreakable version. I would recommend not to try to update any game and just enjoy what you got. ;)
What do you think of this?