- Feb 21, 2015
RivalGamer.com - Official Rules - Last updated (Dec 11, 2015)
These rules govern this site. Upon entering this site, one falls under the category of a "Rival Gamer Member" and is required to follow all of these rules. If after reading these terms, one finds anything disagreeable, the member must cease use of this site immediately. All information and files posted on RivalGamer.com are for EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY and we assume no liability nor ownership for any consequences regarding misuse of any of our services. In addition to this, ignorance of the rules is absolutely no excuse for breaking them. We recommend that each user take the time to read the rules and also suggest that they print out a copy for their personal reference.
RivalGamer.com does not take any sort of liability for any content made or posted by its users. Each piece of content posted (a "post") is considered the intellectual property of the person who posted such content.
RivalGamer.com does not own anything posted by its users.
Upon registration at this site, you agree that you will not violate these rules. In the case that such agreement is broken, you are applied to accept the sentence given.
- One account per household. If you are caught having more than one account, all accounts will be suspended.
- Vulgar, offensive, or otherwise obscene names will be changed. Repeated violations will result in account suspension.
- Avatars / profile photos of pornographic or sexual nature will be removed. Repeated violations will result in account suspension.
- All registration information must be accurate.
- Upon registering, the user acknowledges that RivalGamer.com has the right to use your information in any way it sees fit.
- Any person upon opening this website, regardless of their registration status, falls under the RivalGamer rules and guidelines.
- Be respectful to all members of this community, be polite to other members! Flaming, insulting, cursing, swearing, personal attacks or retaliations will not be tolerated.
- Before posting any sort of Help request, including forum topics and FAQ, please use the search function to prevent repeat questions and provide you with the most timely response.
- Use descriptive topic titles. Topic titles such as Help, Error, or Not Working are not allowed and will be removed.
- Racism or sexism of any type is prohibited and will be punished accordingly.
- Make sure you are posting constructive criticism, whether it's negative or positive, do not put someone down just because they have a different viewpoint than you do, manners cost nothing.
- If you are criticizing or providing feedback of a more negative nature, please back up all of your points. Don't simply reply with, I hate it, back yourself up with the specific reasons why and what could be done to improve it. This will get you much further and members are much more receptive to this type of constructive feedback.
- Flaming or raging of any sort in not allowed and will be punished based on severity and at the discretion of the Staff Team.
- Back-seat moderation is not allowed. Simply report the post and move on, our Staff team is perfectly capable of handling it; it's why we're here!
- Responding to a any topic with "thanks", "good", "cool" or anything of the sort is considered spam. It will be treated as so by Staff and the appropriate actions will be taken.
- Self-promotion & referrals are NOT allowed. This includes posting of referral links, asking for a referral, PMing referrals, having a referral link in your signature, or linking to any & all sites that contain referrals. It doesn't matter what kind of referral it is or whether you both get something out of it. This is a zero tolerance policy.
- If your post does not bring any relevance to a thread it will be removed and considered as a spam.
- Do not spam links within the forum.
- User information and contact details only allowed on PMs, otherwise your content will be deleted and you will get infracted.
- We don't mind videos being posted but when it becomes more spam than contributing to the content on the forum, your post/video will be removed.
- Do not post any pornographic or inappropriate(gruesome) content (you will get instant banned).
- This is an ENGLISH forum, so please post only in English.
- When posting a lengthy amount of code, don't just wrap it in Code tags, wrap the code and the Code tags in Spoiler tags. This prevents having to scroll endlessly to move past the code when viewing a topic.
- Copy / pasting the same message in topics or creating several pointless spam topics in an effort to fraudulently increase your post count or for any other reason is prohibited.
- Copyrighted materials are not allowed, Piracy, Warez, Cracked Apps, leaked content will get you an infraction and maybe banned if you repeated the same violation!
- Leeching, ripping others stuff (offsets) from their tools without permissions will not be tolerated. (Unless you provided the credit of that offset you took with permission & public offsets that were released with credits).
- Buy / Sell / Trade
- You must be a Prime member to sell within the marketplace.
- USER CONDUCT
- RESPONSIBILITY OVER ACTIONS
- One is responsible for the actions committed via their RivalGamer.com account or IM account(s) in connection to the website and its members. Being hacked or having your information stolen, is a no excuse for what happens through your accounts.
- USER ELIGIBILITY
- In acceptance of this agreement, all users, in accordance with COPPA regulations acknowledge that they are at least 13 years of age and older. Unless given the express permission of a parent or guardian via an email email@example.com.
- CHANGES TO THIS AGREEMENT
- While we try as hard as humanly possible, RivalGamer.com reserves the right to make any change to these terms at any point in time without any notice. It is your responsibility to check the changes & updates to these terms.
- Help others if you can
- We look forward to see the community to lead, for example. If you are a veteran member here, please act like one. Use this opportunity to teach and guide newer members.
- Have a good time, act maturely, be friendly, make friends, and discover! That's what this community is all about. Please avoid drama, we dislike it too when things go wrong, but there's a report button. Do not "call out" other users - just report their post!
- Breaking any of these rules will result in an infraction, multiple counts of breaking these rules will result in an account suspension.